So, I sometimes will take a link from one of my friends' blogs to one of their friends' blogs to one of their friends' blogs, and so forth and so forth. This gets dangerous when I find a blog that is published by and overachiever/neurotic mom of 27 who makes all her meals from scratch, keeps an immaculate house, serves on the PTA, and sews doll clothes in her spare time. When do these women sleep?!
I feel inferior. I don't sew dresses for my girls (yet). I don't cook a full meal every night--sometimes I even use Hamburger helper (shame on me!). I don't keep up with the laundry very well. I have dirty dishes in my sink. I vaccinate my children and last night Lydia ate......[gasp] BEEF!!!!!
I keep having to remind myself that I am the best mom for my kids and that is why God gave them to ME. He wouldn't have given them to me if He didn't trust me.
I also keep telling myself that these other blog mom's are writing about their good days and good qualities. Maybe they are even exaggerating a bit so they feel better about themselves. Who knows....I just need to keep working on contentment and self-discipline.
2 comments:
I completely relate to your comments! In part, that is why I post things like the mess in my boy's bedroom. It is fun and easy to post the "good" stuff and not so easy to be "real" all the time! I'm considering posting a picture of my dust bunnies...ha, ha!
I use Chicken Helper. There. You're not alone. ;)
Also, wait until you see the picture I'm going to put on Judah's blog tonight... I wouldn't make the 'good' list for sure!
Post a Comment