As I was coming down the stairs at about 10 o'clock this morning, I looked out the window into the side yard and saw this....
I freaked out and couldn't get the words out to tell James. All I could say was "Give me the camera and get Jericho", who was outside tied to his run. The dog hadn't noticed the bear yet, but was sleeping on the back porch. I took a few pictures and then tried to get a video, but, in my excitement, I forgot how to use my camera. Soooo...we don't have a video, but we have a bear!!! And now we REALLY need a fence. (Not that it would keep out a big black bear that wants to get in.) He didn't seem to want anything to do with us and picked up his pace to get to the woods when he saw us. I think he was headed for the wild blueberries, raspberries and blackberries that are growing out there. He better not eat them all....I plan to make some pies when they are ripe enough.
We thought it would be neat to get a comparison picture. James is 6' 1". This bear would easily outweigh him and would be AT LEAST as tall as him.
And to think...last night I was excited enough to take pictures of the woodchuck that was eating in my front yard.
And to think...last night I was excited enough to take pictures of the woodchuck that was eating in my front yard.

4 comments:
Neat pics! I took Jacob to VBS at Buena every day last week, and on Wednesday I was wondering up the road and a smaller bear trotted across the road in front of me. Some people at the office (to include ur mom) said others had seen bears, and they mentioned berries.
Fun, fun, fun.
Absolutely spectacular photos and size comparison…I cant wait to show my husband these picks!! Thank you for sharing them!!
That is so awesome! And SO SCARY!
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a bea...wait...it's James! Love the pictures of the bear, too!
I didn't know you had a blog...my newest blog friend...can't wait to "see" what's up with you and your family!
Post a Comment