Thursday, July 3, 2008

sleep....I need sleep.

We are at camp. I am tired. The girls are tired. James is tired, and every night when I finally get to bed I wonder why I'm here. This week is not easy, but I love this place. Even with all the politics. Times are changing and my generation's attendance is shrinking. The goal is to attract more of those of us with young families, but the leadership is all my parents' generation. They're trying. Maybe in a few years they'll allow those of us in their target age group to hold more leadership positions...but then we will be out of the target age group.

2 comments:

Jean Harshberger said...

From an outsiders point of view…I believe Family Camp as well as the other camps at Chambers are a God given segment of time in a God given place to come together either as a family or as friends in order to reestablish relationship with each other as well as with God. God wants nothing more than community with those He loves. I am praying diligently for Chambers and the family’s there this week. Politics can really stir with blessings and make for something just awful. I’m continuing to pray as I go spend the Holliday with my family in hopes that God shines and ministers to them through us, and that we don’t screw things up for Him. Send my regards to your family. Maybe we will see you at the fireworks in Corning? Jean

Mindy said...

Keep me posted if that leadership change happens. We might come back if it does... :) I hope you enjoyed your time, despite exhaustion and politics. The night we were there was like a trip down memory lane...

:)
mindy