I was reminded recently that I made this statement to one of the girls on my staff a few years ago when she was acting less than I expected from her. I remember the situation, but I don't remember saying it. It's a good thing, too, b/c I needed to hear it as though it was new. I don't know how life gets away from us and our priorities shift to become what we did not intend. My girls and James have taken over my priority list. Er...well....I allowed myself to put them in the position of greatest priority. As a result of this, I seem to be trying to do everything on my own strength. If my priorities are to focus on the Cross and Christ's love and the big picture then I will have the strength to do everything (not to mention the love, joy, peace, patience, etc....).
Do you see the difference? Trying to do things on my own strength vs. having the strength to do everything. Trying to use strength vs. having the strength to use. In the second one, the strength doesn't get depleted.
"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold." Psalm 46: 10,11.
To "cease striving" would be a big step for me, but I long for the strength that only God can provide. So, I'm going to sit up, uncross my arms, and act like the woman of God that He knows I can be.
1 comment:
you are the best and i love you so. i am seriously considering coming out for punkin's birthday in november. we need to talk-- call me back!!!
Post a Comment