These things may seem like common sense to a lot of people, but this mommy things doesn't come easy to me. On the other hand, I'm a nurse by profession and SHOULD know these things already. Well, I'm kindof a slow learner and I've been focused on being a mom, so the nurse in me is off duty. And that's a good thing, b/c when she does come around she starts freaking out about all the sickness and such. Seriously...she's not welcome here very often.
So....here's my list:
Sleep: I plan to get the girls in bed at a reasonable time every night and down for naps every day.
activities: When we are out, we will try to get back to the house to get good sleep instead of returning at 8 or 9pm and then putting them down for bed late. (see "sleep").
eating: I plan to make healthy meals every night (except maybe one) instead of eating out. This will require planning and some good recipes, but I have a new oven that I am loving so maybe I'll cook more often.
Vitamins: I bought vitamins for the girls to eat. We'll see. I don't have a lot of faith in things like that, but I should b/c I'm a nurse. sheesh!
Cleanliness: I plan to bath my girls more often. haha...that sounds funny. Their hair takes so long to dry, but that needs to be something I learn to deal with. I also plan to clean my house more often and better. I'm not much of a cleaner. My house is not gross, but it's certainly not disinfected regularly like it should be. I will also require them to wash their hands WAY more often, even when just around the house and we will use hand sanitizer when out of the house.
fresh air: since I don't plan to go places much, I will allow the girls time outside regularly. This will be difficult if James doesn't have the time to take them out b/c I can't take Miriam out, but I will allow them to put on coats and boots and run around the porch for 15 minutes.
Laughter: Since this is the best medicine, I plan to tickle my girls and wrestle with them on a regular basis. They are craving one on one time with me, especially in these past few months with Miriam requiring so much of my attention and James' schedule being so screwed up. I will give that to them daily.
Prayer: I will pray that the Great Healer will keep us all away from sickness and protect my little ones when they do get sick, b/c, let's face it....it will happen and I just need to be prepared for it.
I will do these things b/c I love them. I mean, really, who couldn't love these faces?!
2 comments:
your girls are SO CUTE. Oh Tarah... I hope you stay healthy this winter- physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. :) Seriously, the phone date I keep promising is going to happen soon.
That pie looks GREAT! You make the best crust in the world. I have stolen you recipe on that.
Girls are growing up so fast. They are beautiful! That's because they look just like their mom.
Post a Comment