Saturday, October 17, 2009

a new life

While James was home helping me after Miriam's birth he got a call from Corning, Inc. letting him know that when he returned to work he would no longer be working day shift at the Big Flats plant. Instead he would work relief shift at the Erwin plant. I have to say...we are thankful he has a job. There have been a lot of layoffs throughout Corning as well as the other companies in the area, so I won't complain too much, but let me give you a taste of what his schedule will be like.



day, day, eve, off, off, night, night, night, night, day, eve, eve, off, off, off, off, night, day, day, eve, eve, eve, eve, off, night, night, day, day, day, day....and repeat ad nauseum.


He is checking the Corning job postings daily and has been informed of 2 positions that should be posted soon. Please pray with me that he gets the M-F Day job at headquarters by the end of the year. I am praying specifically for this. We have not b/c we ask not, right?

Until that happens, I am trying to step up and make the most of this schedule. It's currently very difficult since all 3 girls and myself are sick. Sleep is necessary in my life for me to stay healthy and 8 hours straight doesn't happen with a 2 months old (although she sleeps from 9:30 pm until 5 am most nights).

Speaking of sleep...Miriam seems to be sleeping now so I need to get to bed.

2 comments:

Katie C said...

Oh Tarah- I will definitely be praying!! I can only imagine how frustrating that inconsistency of the scheduling is for you! A job is a blessing... but comes with its own share of headaches. Hope things change soon for you both!

Jodi said...

Holy crap... how's he holding up?! That's insane. :(