Friday, October 2, 2009

recent happenings..

---Catie is potty trained. she wears pull-ups for naps, bedtime and leaving home, but is usually dry (except after a full night of sleep)

---James started back to work at a new location (tonight is his first night shift. Pray for us.)

---Miriam smiled. It's so sweet when that happens. It's a bit of a reward for my work.

---Lydia peed in the potty...after telling me (in her own special way since she doesn't talk much) that she needed to pee.

---I got a new vacuum. my old one just want cutting it and I LOVE to vacuum.

---A deer ran into my little green Sentra that James drives daily. (no, he did not hit the deer...the deer actually ran into the side of the car.)

---Lydia chewed through her paci so we took it away since it was a serious choking hazard. She's been struggling the past few naps/bedtimes. She's got a strong set of lungs.

---Miriam has her first cold. She's miserable. I'm miserable. and, as they say, when Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!! ugh!!

---MOPS started for the year.

---I'm in a friday morning Bible Study (child care provided...Praise the LORD!!!) and I love it.

---James is part of a leadership Bible Study at one of our Pastors' homes one tuesday a month.

---My friend Kiley came to visit with her 4 kids. We were friends our freshman year of college at Houghton, but lost contact when I left. Thanks to Facebook we have a friendship again and it was so nice to sit and visit with her.

I like it when things happen, but the illness and the temper tantrums I can do without. oh, and the deer. :)

3 comments:

Petrich Paluzza said...

Sounds busy!!!
Isn't it amazing how much of a difference a new vaccuum can make!!!

Katie C said...

I like this list. :) Thanks for the update!

Unknown said...

if i wasn't typing with one hand, i would leave a more fabulous comment than this one. ha,ha.