Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I made this:

It's potpie and it's delicious!!! And because I'm a generous person I'm going to share this recipe with you...all 3 of you. I hope you make it too.
2 cups cubed meat. I used ham, but the recipe calls for chicken and also suggests turkey.
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 can (18 1/2 oz) ready-to-serve cream of potato soup
1 refrigerated pie pastry.
In a bowl combine the meat, veggies, and soup. pour into a pie pan. roll out pastry on top; trim, seal and flute edges.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
This can also be frozen. I haven't tried to do this, but I will include those instructions and you can let me know how it goes when you do it. ;)
Remove frozen pie from freezer (or the cabinet if that's where you keep your frozen foods....doesn't it seem strange that the instructions would actually tell you where to get it from?) anyway.....Remover frozen pie from the freezer 30 minutes before baking...do not thaw. cover edges of crust loosely with foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees (I don't know how to make that little circle symbol so i have to type out "degrees".); remove foil. Bake 60-65 minutes longer or until golden.
mmmm....ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your crust looks so pretty and perfect! And yummo!!!

Tarah said...

i should point out (since you're not the only one who commented on my crust, Kiley) that I didn't make it. It's a pillsbury refrigerated pastry crust. I will, however, take credit for the fluted edges (I think that's what it's called.) :) haha...i'm a good fluter. :)

Jodi said...

I'm totally going to do this! Thanks!

(and, by the way, I do believe you have FOUR followers...) :)