We have a slew of animals that visit us frequently. There are 6 deer the come to graze in our large yard and have become accustomed to the large barking bloodhound that they know can't get to them. I've seen a few geese recently that I think are repeat visitors to our little tiny pond. I've only heard the coyotes (I'm very glad about that). And the porcupine was killed along the road before it got to our yard. (We called to have it picked up before it started to smell.) The other day I noticed Jericho (the afore-mentioned bloodhound) looking out the window intently. To my surprise, there was a raccoon walking along the woods in the middle of the day.
I was under the impression that a raccoon out in the daytime generally indicated the presence of rabies, but James informed me that that is a myth, so I refrained from getting the gun. Instead I got the camera and shot him that way.
1 comment:
I was under the same impression about the racoons with rabies. We had one at our bird feeder one morning last week. Isn't nature fun?! :)
Post a Comment