Friday, May 15, 2009

Which is better...?

Option #1: Going to the grocery store in the morning when there are few people there, but having to take the girls with me. This means using one of the carts with the little car in front. They are extra long, difficult to turn. And it also means fighting with the girls to stay IN the car while my pregnant self pushes the cart and longs to sit down every 5 minutes.

Option #2: Going to the grocery store after James gets home from work @ 3:30pm without the girls, but fighting the ridiculous crowds made up of ridiculous people. People like the lady who nearly cut in front of me in line for my fu-fu coffee treat. I was obviously standing there. She did notice me when I took a step toward the counter after she got in front of me. SHEESH!!! Or people like the middle-aged man carrying a basket and completely oblivious that there are other people walking down the aisle as well. He'd just stop directly in front of people and take his sweet old time. I ended up going the opposite direction as him down multiple aisles. I coudln't seem to get away. Then there are the people who are strolling along like it's a walk in the park. They obviously don't have small children waiting for them to bring dinner home. "Excuse me, can I get past you, please?!"

What's your preference?

1 comment:

Jessa said...

I'd probably go in the morning with the kids and bribe them :) That way I could take my time and I wouldn't feel rushed in line with my million coupons. Or beg hubby to let me go on a Sat morning - early - however, I would never get out the door early and he would decide he wants to come too and then I'd still be dealing with the kids. :) Probably never a good time for grocery shopping!