I have never been someone who has control of things. of myself, least of all. The only time in my life that I remember having a CONSISTENTLY clean home was when my house in Indiana was for sale. That proved to me that I could, indeed, keep a tidy home. Then I got married, moved to Virginia and chaos happened. I have gotten worse (if that's possible) since the birth of children. My home is not DIRTY. It is simply cluttered and unkept. This bothers me. Elisabeth Elliot wrote that a "cluttered home is usually lived in by someone with a cluttered mind." It's true. My brain has been cluttered. I even tried to force myself to change by blogging about it. I called that blog "Confessions of a disorganized soul." I haven't posted there in quite some time. I think that's b/c I have been working on fixing myself instead of writing about it.
My first goal has been to work on keeping the house picked up. I have done pretty good recently. I run the dishwasher at least once a day. Do at least one load of laundry a day. Vacuum twice a week. Dust when I see it's needed (maybe I should work harder on this). I fold clothes and put them away within a day of washing them. I put away toys at least once a day (this is easy, since I actually enjoy that task). I sweep the kitchen/dining room every day (or at least every other day). Mopping needs some work, but I have to start small. I'm even starting to clean the bathrooms more often. (That's a job I HATE!!!! I do it when it needs cleaning, but not until then.)
I know...some of you "neat-freaks" think I'm insane and you never want to come to my home. Keep in mind. I'm working on it. Habits are formed very slowly and that's especially true for me. I am getting better and when you do come to my house, please notice the clean places and not the ones that need a little more attention.
1 comment:
I'd be considered a "neat freak" and you STILL have me beat! And that's with half of the kids you have and 10% of the house! haha. :)
Post a Comment