We did a hayride behind the 4-wheeler. The kids LOVED it and I think it will need to be a yearly tradition. The guests were Ross (in the back of the wagon), Maggie (who is behind Cate), Jacob (next to Catie), Cora (front Left), Abby (front center), Leah and Ethan (back right) and Britton (front right). These are all kids that Catie has played with in the past and talks about regularly.
This is the "cake" I made for Catie. I can't take credit for the idea, since I saw something similar on the internet, but instead of trying to cut a "cone" out of a cake, I decided to use rice krispie treats and formed a cone out of that. The cupcakes are meant to resemble scoops of ice cream if it's not obvious. It made life easy since we didn't have to cut a cake...we just handed out cupcakes.
Overall the party went really well. Catie enjoyed it and that's what matters most, right?
3 comments:
Love Catie's cake!!! Okay, how do you know the Mattisons??? I recognized their names right away! We used to attend the same church and MOPS group as P & S many years ago (vaguely knew of each other at Houghton). Recently have gotten back in touch with Sarah through facebook. Small world!
kiley- James and Paul went to the same church as kids and we all went to the same camp. We now go to the church where his father is a pastor, found out he does photography, so we asked him to do our family photos this summer. Sarah and the kids ended up coming with him and the rest is history. And Catie loves those kids!
TARAH - that cake was BRILLIANT! I love it!!
Post a Comment