My sweet Boogie, you bring joy to my life daily and I thank God for you. Thank you for your sweetness and your love of life. My prayer is that I will be the mommy that you need and you would grow into a beautiful, independent daughter of the King. I love you THIS MUCH!!!!!
Friday, November 6, 2009
my first blessing is 3
3 years ago on November 3rd I gave birth to my first baby girl. She has brought so much joy to my days since then. I have loved watching her learn and grow. I was surprised when she began walking at 9 months and even more surprised when she was talking in sentences at 20 months. She has always been an intelligent little girl with a sweet, sensitive spirit. She is a great big sister and a big helper to mommy. She is tempermental and frustrating, but when she looks at me and says "mommy I love you THIS MUCH", with her arms stretched as far apart as she can possibly get them, it melts my heart. I love her when she flashes that cute little girl smile after saying something unexpected and then laughs b/c she knows she's cute. I love her when she asks for "Power", wanting me to play the song "Power In The Blood" by Selah. I love her when she tries out a new word and messes it up just a little bit. ("Mommy, I need something to contain [entertain] me.") I love her when she sings "the deer song" ("Doe, a deer, a female deer...."). I love her when she prays before meals, thanking God for the food and asking Him to "bless it to our bodies". I love to hear her pray at bedtime and thank Jesus for "all of us". And i love when she has to tell us (every night) that "today is friday and daddy doesn't have to go to work and I love my room/windows/bed/music and we never painted my butterflies and I love you. mwah. bye."
My sweet Boogie, you bring joy to my life daily and I thank God for you. Thank you for your sweetness and your love of life. My prayer is that I will be the mommy that you need and you would grow into a beautiful, independent daughter of the King. I love you THIS MUCH!!!!!
Breakfast fit for a birthday girl. It's no worse than donuts (according to daddy). James also brought home a bouquet of Gerber Daisies.
yep...My Little Pony was the theme of her birthday party.
This was the real birthday cake, although I think we may have stumbled onto a good birthday tradition...candles at every meal. It just seemed to make the day (all day) a little more special.
My sweet Boogie, you bring joy to my life daily and I thank God for you. Thank you for your sweetness and your love of life. My prayer is that I will be the mommy that you need and you would grow into a beautiful, independent daughter of the King. I love you THIS MUCH!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey there! Love your blog! Your kids are so cute:) Do you know Marc and Laura from camp? Was trying to figure that one out...great to hear from you!!
Happy belated birthday, Catie! I love the candles idea!! :)
EXCUSE ME.
I would like more blog and more pictures soon.
Thankyousomuch.
Love, Aunt Rachel
Post a Comment