Thursday, August 13, 2009

a little less annoyed, but I'm hoping I'm still irritable

Here's the scoop. I've signed up to be induced tomorrow morning. After much prayer for wisdom and patience, a LOT of thinking, and a significant discussion with my husband I am at peace with this decision. There are many factors that we have considered. The most important one being the size of this baby which is already estimated to be over 8#. I am making no progress, let me repeat that more emphatically.........NO PROGRESS, as far as dilating/effacing. With my other 2 I was dilated and significantly effaced at least a week before my due date. As far as I can tell, the longer I wait, the more this child grows and I could likely need to be induced anyway. or worse...need a c-section r/t the size of the baby. I, myself, was a 10# 8oz infant born on August 23 after a due date of around August 10. Oh, and I was the 3rd baby. See what I'm saying?! :) James also made a point of reminding me that Dr. Scalzone was willing to induce at 38 weeks if I had wanted to with Lydia. As conservative as he is, he does tend to listen to the mom...which is probably why I like him so much. :)

I would appreciate your prayers that the Lord would simply put me into labor naturally over the course of the next 12+ hours. If that doesn't happen, I would like the Cervidil to stimulate labor without needing Pitocin. Wouldn't that be absolutely wonderful?! I feel as though my body is ready...ha...you might disagree since it is not IN labor currently, but I'm trying not to care. :) It seems that when I hear an opinion that is against induction, my peace is stolen and I start to second guess our decision. I don't need to be doing that. I need to make a decision and go with it until the Lord, Himself, removes the peace without help from others.

So that's my story. I have yet to decide if I will post anything on facebook about the induction specifically. I might just let it happen and then post afterward. Who knows....

Thank you for your prayers and your support. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

praying for you and your little one!

Petrich Paluzza said...

I think an induction is just the thing!!!! :)
Best of luck...I will be praying for you, baby, and family.
Can't wait to see pics of the little one!

Liana said...

Glad I checked your blog --I wrote on FB "What's going on!!"

Whatever your choice, Tarah, you will be giving birth to another beautiful daughter. Praying for you "even more so" today - and can't wait to see pictures!
Loveya!

Jodi said...

I'm all for it! I got the same 'feedback' when I was going through this process. Lovely isn't it? ha. No one truly knows another person's situation, so it's foolish for anyone to speak against those decisions.

Can't wait to see her! :)

Jessa said...

Tarah, you are doing the right thing. You, your husband, and your dr are all in agreement. No one else is in a position to make a judgement. Hang in there. Will be praying for you and the little one. Sending hugs your way!!!

Unknown said...

I think induction is the best way to go as long as you are at peace with it!(all 4 of mine have been induced - all in different ways, too - cervidil with #1, pitocin with #2 & #3, break water with #4)

Praying for you!!!