I'm annoyed at myself for putting stock into the thought that I could/would/should deliver early based on the fact that Lydia was early and fast. I wish I had continued to think of my due date as August 14 and this feeling of annoyance wouldn't exist in my life (yet).
I went to another Dr.'s appt. today and found out nothing is happening. NOTHING!!! I had to have an ultrasound yesterday b/c I'm past my due date and my amniotic fluid might be low. Are you kidding me?! Who do you think this is?! Of course, my fluid isn't low! My body LOVES to be pregnant and would never do anything to jeopardize the current pregnancy or the possibilty of another one in the future. Today they did a non-stress test to be sure the baby is tolerating things well. Again--have you met me or my children for that matter!? My little girls are indestructible!! No amount of past due-ness would cause them any bit of distress.
(Don't get me wrong...I consider myself blessed. I would not trade my situation for one in which the child is in danger or distress. I love the fact that my body tolerates pregnancy so well. I love that I can be fairly certain that my pregnancies will result in a healthy baby. At the moment, I'm just really tired. Tired of being pregnant. Tired of waiting to meet her. Tired of being in limbo with the rest of my plans for the month.)
My doctor, whom I trust completely, is on vacation. If he were here I don't know that he would've rushed to do these two tests so quickly, but the PA wanted to be extra cautious I guess. I miss my doctor. I wish he had chosen a better time to be on vacation than weeks 40 and 41 of my pregnancy. The PA, whom I like, would prefer that I not go beyond 41 weeks. THAT'S MONDAY!!!! I don't want to be induced at all, let alone being induced this week!!! My doctor is fairly conservative. That's what I like best about him. I would simply like to know his opinion. I think I will call his nurse in the morning and ask her what she thinks. I respect her opinion as well.
I consider myself irritable b/c that's what the nurse told me. (yep, the same nurse I respect.) :) When she did the non-stress test she said that my uterus was showing signs on irritability. That's a good thing, but I'm trying to pretend I didn't even hear it.
Please pray for me. I'm annoyed. I'm irritable.
1 comment:
I understand your "annoyed-ness." I always needed to remind myself that no one can "force" me to do anything esp. if the baby and I are healthy and doing well. But it certainly doesn't help to be past your due date. What's the worst that happens...the PA says to come in on Monday for induction and you just don't go. What are they gonna do? Call the police and arrest you for not having your baby??? Hang in there! I'm praying! And can't wait to hear your little one's name!!!
Post a Comment