Thursday, March 19, 2009

An outing to the park.

Lydia has been sick. She was diagnosed with Rotavirus and if you know what that is, you know that it's a nasty virus that causes diarrhea, vomiting and fever for up to 2 weeks. Many children end up hospitalized with dehydration. Catie had a vaccine around the age of one. Lydia almost made it to the vaccine, but didn't. :( We were spared the significant dehydration since Lydia doesn't tend to puke very easily. (Catie, on the other hand, would've been spending the entire 2 weeks in the tub b/c she pukes if she thinks about it!) It's been 10 days so far and I think we are rounding a corner since she has not had a poopy diaper today (and usually would've had 2 by now). And she is beginning to eat more. I think she lost a few pounds. We have been stuck in the house b/c I'm not a mom who's willing to risk exposing other children until I KNOW that my kids are better. We did, though, venture out to the park the other day. (Don't worry... we all washed out hands really well before and after playing and no diapers were changed while there.) Here are some pictures of the fun.








No comments: