

Weekend #2: I went to camp for Ladies Retreat. Lydia was supposed to stay with Jane for the weekend, but on Friday morning she called and said Janelle was sick during the night. I spent the day trying to come up with another option. The best one I found was taking her with me, but James stepped up and said that he would keep both girls. This meant that he was not going to get things done like he had wanted. As much as he adores those girls, I know that it was a sacrifice on some level for him to do that.
I had a good weekend and even got to go shopping for an hour BY MYSELF. I realized how much I miss my alone time without responsibility. I have alone time when the girls are napping, but they are still there and I have to always be thinking about them and listening for them and worrying about them (b/c that's what I do). James did a great job and proved to himself that he is capable of having them both and doing well. I think it turned out to be easier than he thought it would be. Well....everything except those poopie diapers!!!
Next weekend starts on Friday when I have Ross and Maggie all day. And James leaves for Virginia. It will be a long weekend, but I have a few things planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment