Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thankful for the slave trade....? (and other Olympic thoughts)

What would our track and field team (and many other sports for that matter) look like without the amazing athleticism of African-Americans?

Lolo Jones did a great job as a white girl. As a former high school hurdler, it was difficult to watch that race, but I was IMPRESSED that she stayed on her feet at all.

Shawn Johnson is adorable!!!! What a great little smile!!!

sports i'm not a fan of: wrestling, field hockey, basketball, baseball, and probably a few others.

favorite sports to watch (not in any particular order): gymnastics, swimming, diving, trampoline, volleyball, cycling, rowing, syncronized anything.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea there was Trampoline. I thought it was hilarious how high they jump before they start flipping around. It was great!

Jean Harshberger said...

I enjoy rhythmic gymnastics...they dance and flip with a hoop, ribbon, and ball. Dont care to watch much else.

Jodi said...

You're hilarious!
I had a hard time watching the Olympics at all this year. Me and China have issues.
That rhythmic gymnastics thing sounds interesting though...!