Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The amazing race

Saturday was my birthday. I turned 31. The day was very busy b/c we had to go to a family reunion about 1.5 hours away. From there my mom came back to our house to watch the girls so we could go to a get-together at the home of a family from our church (also the sister of one of my best friends from high school). Wendy puts together an "Amazing Race" every year with clues, tasks, riddles, the whole 9 yards. We drove around on the back country roads, to state forests and trails, and had so much fun. She went so far as to put an add in the local paper as a clue!

I probably don't need to tell you this, but we won!!! My friend Amy and her husband, Jerry, were on our team and we kicked butt!!! i was very proud of myself. There was a lot of running involved and a lot of thinking. I kept up. And I'm looking forward to next year's event!!!

No comments: