Today I'm taking a moment to be thankful for the friends in my life. I was reading this blog about the types of friends that are needed in the life of a mom and started thinking of all the people who fit certain categories.
My "there in a heartbeat pal"? There are a few, but the one who stands out in my mind at the moment is Sarah. She was the one I called when Miriam was flown to Rochester and James was going to be about an hour behind us. I didn't want to be alone and she showed up. To this day, I have no idea what stuff she dropped to be there for me, but I will always be grateful for her willingness to drop it. :)
My "right where you are buddy" is Danielle. She's a mom of 3 boys who are about as close in age as my 3 girls. (Personally, I think her job is more difficult b/c, well...she has BOYS.) It's a good thing our children enjoy playing together. :) Also, in this category is my long-time friend Joy. She and I have spent lots of time on FB chat this past week just venting about our days. It helps to tell someone else b/c then it doesn't seem as significant and I usually end up laughing at myself in the process. It's too bad she lives in NC. If I could choose a neighbor, it would be her.
My "been there done that buddy" is Jane. She brings me sanity and reminds me that life isn't always going to be about diapers, bottles and bedtimes. I am grateful for her wisdom even though I don't tell her that nearly enough. Some others who fit in this category would be my Sisters-in-law, Amy and Sherry, and my friend Dee.
My "tell it like it is ally"? again...JANE. and also my sister. I don't know if anyone else could tell me the things that they tell me. And even though I get defensive, they know that I love them (sometimes only b/c I HAVE to) and our friendships will always survive the ups and downs.
My "child-free friend" .... hmmm.... the only one I can think of that I have regular contact with is Lauren. She's also my kids' favorite babysitter, so she serves two VERY important roles in my life.
And I'm blessed with SO many more friends than this, but these are the only categories given by the author of the blog. If I were to add one more it would be the "makes me laugh out loud" friend. That would be Jessica Collins. She has some very entertaining animals and children in her home and I love hearing her stories.
Who are some of the friends you've been blessed with? and what category would you add to the list?
1 comment:
Thanks for including me in your friendship list. I feel blessed to call you my friend. Even though you are more like a sister.
God has kept us together, for each other, for many years. like 20? I have a long list of friends, but I don't think I have had a friend that I have kept in contact with for as long as I have you.
You are right we have been through good times and bad together, but we have BEEN together through it all.
Thanks Tarah!
Post a Comment