
Last night was STRESSFUL!
I'll admit I get a bit jealous of football. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't James FIRST love, but then February comes and I relearn to cherish those months until August.
Except that time in late spring when the draft happens.
And those random days throughout the summer when James does his JETS stalking.
I think he's addicted.
But I have learned to be the supportive wife (with an itsy-bitsy bit of complaining thrown in during the fall months, just to make my position known). I watch the JETS. I ask questions. I discuss plays. I learn names. I listen to his rambling during a game, which is what I did last night.
I didn't actually watch the game. I updated my blog for the first time in a looooong time (with pictures and everything. I hope you like it). I missed the JETS' first touchdown. Honestly, I looked up and there was 7 points on the screen for the Gang Green. (See, I even know nicknames.) I didn't comment or ask when they scored because I didn't want to draw attention to the fact that I wasn't watching. (How supportive would that have been?)
My heart rate and blood pressure elevated toward the end. Somewhere around the 3min mark in the 4th quarter. I was nervous. I'm a realist (as is my hubby). We knew there was a chance the JETS would lose, but I sure am glad they didn't.
And just think....I get to do it all again next Sunday. yippee!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment