Sunday, March 28, 2010

i'm in need of an adventure...

I know. I know. I have children and they're an adventure in themselves. That's true when looking at the big picture, but day-to-day gets pretty boring. It feels like the days are neverending and there's no adventure in that. I haven't had a real vacation since my honeymoon and James was sick that whole week. I've spent the last 4 years pregnant and raising small children. I'm not complaining. I chose this life and I love my girlies, but I'm ready to DO something and since James doesn't have much vacation time (again...NOT complaining) I think I will have to find the adventure on my own. We have some weddings coming up...Dave will be getting married this summer in Tennessee. Sarah will get married in Green Bay in July, but I'm not sure I can wait that long....we'll see what I figure out. I'm looking at flights to Kansas City, Missouri, in May to visit Jane. It would be me and the girls (yikes!) flying from here to there with (hopefully) only one stop. We would be able to visit the Omaha Zoo and my good friend Kelly Mancuso. I'll let you know how that pans out. James also wants to take a long weekend to go to Virginia to visit friends and eat some good food. yummmm.... Who else has some ideas for me?

1 comment:

Jessa said...

What about day trips? zoos, children's museums, parks, etc. Also there is a resort called Willow Valley in Lancaster that is fantastic for parents and kids - maybe a weekend trip there would be fun!